100% Secure Shopping Free Worldwide Shipping Available
Product Satisfaction Guaranteed Experts in Beauty & Makeup
Effective Date: [17.07.18]
1. Who are we?
1.1 We are Revolution Beauty Limited trading as “Revolution Beauty”. For privacy queries, you can contact us at Help@revolutionbeauty.com. Other contact details are on our website.
2. What’s the point of this policy?
2.1 It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website or social media (together referred to below as “our service”).
2.2 Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
3. Might the policy change?
3.1 Yes. Please check whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date.
4. What do we collect?
4.1 Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as
- your name and contact details;
- other information provided when you register with us;
- details about your transactions on our service;
- information included in your reviews or which your otherwise provide for display on our service;
- contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing; and
- your communications with us.
4.2 Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing / delivery addresses.
4.4 Automated information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
5. What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
5.1 Because it’s necessary to perform our contract with you and/or to take steps at your request to enter into such a contract, e.g., send service messages, process payments and fulfil orders. This applies typically to initial enquiries, contact and transaction details.
5.2 Because it’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies typically to automated usage data and may also include reviews and similar information which you provide for public display on our service.
5.3 Because you’ve agreed. This applies to contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
6. What about cookies?
6.2 Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
6.3 The following kinds of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookie: These are essential for our service and enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. They allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, a session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so you will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Affiliate cookies: Persistent cookies (up to 60 days) are placed by affiliate websites or advertising providers such as Google and Bing so that we can track if users have visited us via such affiliates / advertising and assess the effectiveness of these activities.
- CDN cookies: Our website provider CDN places persistent cookies (up to 3 years) to remember your settings such as country, language, currency and basket items so these are available when you return to our website.
- Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the website. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to 365 days.
6.4 Other companies which provide us with a service also place cookies. Some of these cookies (e.g. from Google) may involve certain information, such as your IP address and web address of the page you’re visiting, being sent to the company concerned. Below is a summary of the kinds of cookies used together with details about who places them and where you can go to get more information and to opt out (where possible):
- Analytics cookie: These kinds of cookies recognise and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and where the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. These cookies are provided by:
- Google Analytics (“GA”). More:
- Advertising cookies: These kinds of cookies are typically used to personalise ads on this or other sites based on your use of our site, to measure ad effectiveness (for example, how often you click on or view ads and whether you go on to buy something from the advertiser) and to stop you being shown the same ad repeatedly. These cookies are provided by:
- Google (including Analytics Ad Features / AdSense / Doubleclick)
- - general information about the types of cookies placed by Google including advertising
- Google’s use of its partners' data including how to control information collected by Google
- - general information about the types of cookies placed by Google including advertising
- Facebook (including “Facebook Pixel”)
- Microsoft's Bing
- Note that there are various places where you can go to opt out of many companies’ advertising cookies in one go including some or all of the above:
- Social Media cookies: These kinds of cookies are placed by social media companies when you use their features on another site, for example if you play embedded audio or video, click a Facebook “like” or sent a tweet. These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the following links for further information including how to opt out where this is possible:Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube
- Payment Provider cookies: Our payment provider may place cookies if you use their payment services on our site:
7. How long do we keep it?
7.1 We will generally keep your information for up to six years after your order - for tax reasons and/or to help deal with any disputes. If you open an account but do not make an order, we will keep your information for up to two years. These timeframes may vary if we are legally required to keep information for a particular period. If you consent to us using your personal information for marketing, we will keep your contact details which we use for marketing until you tell us to stop sending you marketing messages. Reviews will remain on our site until you ask us to archive or delete them by email to Help@revolutionbeauty.com.
8. To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
8.1 To other people who supply us with a service, e.g. couriers (to enable delivery of goods), e-commerce platform providers, website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website.
8.2 To other users of our service, if you include personal information in a review, post, comment or other public action on our service.
8.3 To credit reference agencies, regulators and the police and other law enforcement authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements.
8.4 To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal claims.
8.5 To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
9. What happens to your payment details?
9.1 These go direct to our payment partners. We do not receive such information except as stated above. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, our payment partners may send your personal information to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
10. Do we send your information outside the European Union?
10.1 Your personal information which we collect is stored within the EU and is not transferred to any third countries except for the following.
10.2 Your personal information may be transferred to the US by the following companies certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which provides certain safeguards for your personal information: Google (analytics / advertising). Facebook (analytics / advertising).
10.3 Your personal information may also be transferred to the US by the following, with whom we have entered into a contract which contains certain EU-adopted standard transfer clauses (see here) designed to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information: Olapic, Inc.
11. What rights do you have?
11.1 11.1 If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict or object to its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g. marketing).
11.2 If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
12.3 For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
Version [Revolution Beauty 1.2]