100% Secure Shopping Free Worldwide Shipping Available
Product Satisfaction Guaranteed Experts in Beauty & Makeup
Effective Date: [24.05.18]
1. Who are we?
1.1 We are Revolution Beauty Limited trading as “Revolution Beauty”. For privacy queries, you can contact us at Help@revolutionbeauty.com. Other contact details are on our website.
2. What’s the point of this policy?
2.1 It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website or social media (together referred to below as “our service”).
2.2 Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
3. Might the policy change?
3.1 Yes. Please check whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date.
4. What do we collect?
4.1 Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as your name and contact details as well as any personal information which you include in public activities on our service, e.g. reviews.
4.2 Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing / delivery addresses.
4.3 Automated information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
5. What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
5.1 Because it’s necessary to provide you with our goods under our contract with you. We may use it for other purposes (such as email marketing) if you consent. In the case of other data such as automated information collected when you browse our service, we use this to manage and improve our service in accordance with our “legitimate interests”.
6. What about cookies?
6.2 Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
6.3 The following kinds of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookie: These are essential for our service and enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. They allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, a session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so you will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Affiliate cookies: Persistent cookies (up to 60 days) are placed by affiliate websites or advertising providers such as Google and Bing so that we can track if users have visited us via such affiliates / advertising and assess the effectiveness of these activities.
- CDN cookies: Our website provider CDN places persistent cookies (up to 3 years) to remember your settings such as country, language, currency and basket items so these are available when you return to our website.
- Google cookies: Persistent cookies (up to four years we believe) are set in connection with the following Google services on our site and these cookies may involve certain information (such as your IP address and web address of the page you’re visiting) being sent to Google:
- GA Advertising Features: We may use the following GA Advertising Features: Remarketing with GA / Google Display Network Impression Reporting / GA Demographics and Interest Reporting / Integrated services that require GA to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. These features involve GA collecting data via Google or other advertising cookies including for display of ads which may be of interest based on your visits to this and other sites. You can specifically opt out of GA here. You can opt of GA Advertising Features at www.networkadvertising.org/choices. See below for other opt out routes.
- Social media cookies: We may use various social media sharing and other features including from: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube. These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information including how to opt out where this is possible.
7. What do we do with personal information?
7.1 Provide our service, e.g. send service messages, process payments, fulfil orders, send prizes or gifts.
7.2 Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications will pass through a number of network nodes before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the website.
7.3 Use it to recognise you when you visit or return to our service to track anonymised traffic and usage patterns, prevent or detect fraud or abuses and help us improve our service.
8. How long do we keep it?
8.1 We will generally keep your information for up to six years after your order - for tax reasons and/or to help deal with any disputes. If you open an account but do not make an order, we will keep your information for up to two years. These timeframes may vary if we are legally required to keep information for a particular period. If you consent to us using your personal information for marketing, we will keep your contact details which we use for marketing until you tell us to stop sending you marketing messages. Reviews will remain on our site until you ask us to archive or delete them by email to Help@revolutionbeauty.com.
9. To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
9.1 To other people who supply us with a service, e.g. couriers (to enable delivery of goods), e-commerce platform providers, website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website.
9.2 To other users of our service, if you include personal information in a review, post, comment or other public action on our service.
9.3 To the police or other relevant authorities or to complainants, if we think the personal information breaches our terms and conditions, or it is necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal offence may have been committed, or where required by law or where requested by the police or other appropriate authorities.
9.4 To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
10. What happens to your payment details?
10.1 These go direct to our payment partners. We do not receive such information except as stated above. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, our payment partners may send your personal information to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
11. Do we send your information outside the European Union?
11.1 Your personal information which we collect is stored within the EU and is not transferred to any third countries except for the following.
11.2 Your personal information may be transferred to the US by the following companies certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which provides certain safeguards for your personal information: Google (analytics / advertising). Facebook (analytics / advertising).
12. What rights do you have?
12.1 If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict or object to its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability”.
12.2 If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
12.3 For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
Version [Revolution Beauty 01]