Working in skincare, I expect one of two reactions when I tell people about my job:
1) Oooh! Do you get free products? (yes)
2) Omg! Can you tell me what my skincare routine should be?
Now, I'm no Esthetician or Dermatologist but I have picked up a few tips, tricks and favourite ingredients over the years, and when I find myself giving people advice, I always find myself recommending the same ingredient to everyone: Niacinamide. Oily skin? Niacinamide. Pores? Niacinamide. Blemishes? Niacinamide. Mercury in retrograde? Niacinamide.
So what is Niacinamide?
Simply put, it's a form of Vitamin B3. Compared to some other ingredients like Retinol, it's suitable for all skin types and ages and is generally a great addition to any skincare routine.
What are the skincare benefits of Niacinamide?
1) Breakouts - Niacinamide has a great reputation for helping with breakouts, spots and blemishes due to its ability to help balance sebum production.
2) Enlarged pores - I rarely get spots, but as a gal with pores big enough to have their own orbit (okay, I may be exaggerating) Niacinamide is a must in my routine as it's credited with improving skin elasticity, aka helping pores to 'shrink'.
3) Hyperpigmentation and redness - studies have shown that Niacinamide can even help to fade Hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone and texture
4) Oily skin - because it helps to regulate the amount of oil your glands produce it can be a miracle worker for those with skin on the oilier side
How do I work Niacinamide into my skincare routine?
At Revolution Skincare we love Niacinamide so much we've worked it into a lot of our different products to make it as easy as possible for you to work into your routine. So here are your options:
Toner - After Cleansing
Essence Spray - To Refresh
NIACINAMIDE ESSENCE SPRAY
Serum - Daily Dosage
10% NIACINAMIDE + 1% ZINC (30ML OR SAVE UP TO 17% WITH OUR NEW 60ML)
Serum - Daily High Dosage
15% NIACINAMIDE SERUM
Moisturise - To Hydrate and Mattify
Charlie from Team Revolution x